As marine surveyor, you might need organisation to develop your knowledge and experience. Today I will post you one of them called International Institute of Marine Surveying (IIMS). This is an independent, non-political organisation promoting the professionalism, recognition and training of marine surveyors worldwide. The IIMS is held marine surveying training, short courses and distance learning. Right now, the representative office was spread at several countries. Here a brief description about IIMS.
The IIMS is a membership organisation and since 2004 has increased its membership worldwide to cover 98 countries. It is the largest organisation of its kind in the world, and seeks to represent its industry to government and non governmental organisations such as the International Marine Organisation (IMO), Coastguards, insurance companies and ship owners.
Membership of the IIMS is open to professional marine surveyors. The benefits of membership include access to industry knowledge and peer networking alongside professional development opportunities and the global recognition of the IIMS as a standard bearer within marine surveying.
Benefits of being a member of the Institute.
- Recognition – as a Member, Technician or Associate Member, you are entitled to use the designatory letters after your name to demonstrate your professional commitment.
- Professional development – the Institute offers a comprehensive and progressive qualifications programme designed to increase your knowledge and range of skills within the marine surveying industry.
- Networking – from time to time you will be invited to attend seminars and forums which will increase your knowledge in specific areas of work and allow you the opportunity to network with other members from different parts of the world as we are an international organisation.
- Membership journal – as a member you will receive a copy of the Institute’s quarterly magazine “The Report”. Each issue is full of topical articles, case studies and membership news.
- Information and enquiry bulletin board on the website.
- Members’ directory.
- Regular technical seminars.
- Discounts on education, training programmes and publications.
- Conferences and social events.
Interesting? To know more, go check the link Join IIMS.