A few weeks ago, I have got the full version of Draft Survey Software, thanks to Capt. Michael from MW Marine Services, LLC that has given me free.
Now, I have time to post the review of Draft Survey software, so the reader could give comment and feedback to software owner for next expansion. This review is based on the software I have tested. Just continue reading to check the below test.
Fig. 4 – Liquid data to insert
Initial and Final liquid data such as FO, DO and FW are completely load in one page. The VCF/WCF calculation for FO and DO should be done manually before inserting to this form.
There are several additional calculation attached along this software. These calculations are helpful for the surveyor to complete the calculation.
Pros and Cons
- The software is looking good and easy to use with complete calculation for draft survey.
- The accuracy is good, depends on data inserted.
- Saving survey data in .dat file and you can call it back anytime you need.
- Additional calculation attached such as Conversion, Sounding Correction, Stability Formula, Trim calculation and Volume Correction For Temperature.
- Some errors needs to fix, for date typing you should insert with mm-dd-yyyy properly or the software will be force close / shutdown.
- In Liquid page the fuel and diesel oil needs to do VCF and WCF calculations manually before inserting to the page.
- Data misplaced on the printed page (needs to fix) see correction in Fig. 6.
I think this software could be the option for draft surveyor to choose. The price was tagged by MW Marine Services at USD 55.00 to get the full version of this software. They also give you the chance to try by download the trial version, please check at http://www.mwmarineservices.com/draftsurvey.html. The trial version has limited function, you could not do the calculation properly, save the survey data and print the job.
Has anyone use trial version of this software? Please feel free to drop your comment here.